Houston, TX, United States
Construction, Engineering, Manager
Mar 29, 2021
Jul 12, 2021
Requisition ID: 116905
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
The CSU Electrical Commissioning Manager will report directly to the CSU Director or Deputy Director. They will promote and provide leadership for Safety, Assist in directing and coordinating the daily activities of Commissioning Electrical techs and construction support craft. Assume direct responsibility of assigned Electrical buildings and systems for completion with the highest degree of safety and quality.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have the expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, bio diesel and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes commissioning/startup, structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
• Holds and/or attends Project Meetings.
• Manage and insist on strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out, Procedures (LOTO), and policies.
• Daily spot check Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for assigned crew.
• Manages in the development of electrical scoped packages and necessary forms for completed turnover package.
• Manages in the development of electrical work packages associated with system testing.
• Manage and/or develop electrical test procedures including energization and function testing.
• Performs drawing reviews for accuracy.
• Assist in maintaining all electrical drawings and database to insure accurate “As-Built” information and drawings.
• Promotes and insists on good housekeeping in the office and on the project site.
• Verifies available spare parts and consumables necessary for the proper operations of each electrical system.
• Troubleshoot and isolate system problems. This includes correcting or suggesting resolutions and providing a written report of the results.
• Checkout of installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practices.
• Tracks progress of assigned systems and provide Commissioning Manager with timely reports on progress and activities.
• Performs construction process assessments during system walk-downs and identify exceptions and deficiencies.
• Performs commissioning and testing of individual components, systems, and the station as a complete integrated unit to meet all contractual obligations.
• Associate’s Degree in electronics from a University or Technical School, and/or job related experience preferred with emphasis on home office and field execution experience including onshore and offshore facilities.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery and/or petrochemical industries.
• Minimum 10 years of detail Electrical experience in lead roles and/or specialization in the field.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as Electrical Lead on mid to large scale project.
• Must have broad technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and all types of electrical instrumentations.
• SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI), InstruCalc,MS Office Suite
• EPC experience
• Familiar with DCS/PLC codes and standards for domestic and/or international.
• Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and some types of electrical controls systems.
• Must have recent knowledge of (DCS, SIS, etc.) and Field Instrumentation.
• Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical, instrumentation and control systems codes and standards. Including ISA, NEC, and API is required.
• Experienced as a Task Lead (e.g. Field Instrument Lead) on at least (1) mid to large size project ($500 Million ) during the construction, commissioning, and initial start-up phases of a project is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Website : http://www.kiewit.com