San Francisco, CA, United States
Requisition Number: SS-17091
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Team
The Williams-Sonoma Supply Chain Engineering organization is seeking an energetic and talented Senior Software Engineer to deliver high value and high-quality business capabilities to our Supply Chain technology platform. At Williams-Sonoma, we are implementing a range of best of the breed technology in our Supply Chain in support of our 6 amazing brands -- Williams-Sonoma, West Elm, Mark and Graham and the Pottery Barn family.
About the Role
As a Senior Engineer, you will lead the integration deliverables along with platform transformation through planned business initiatives. You will play an active role in driving the migration of legacy middleware technology to more scalable and robust one. On a day to day basis you partner with product managers, tech leads and architects of other applications to deliver the integration needs that are required for the systems and business process to work. You will be required to laser focus on quality, performance, robustness of your software and influence others around you to do the same.
* You will be responsible to analyze, estimate, design and delivery of event or API oriented microservices deliverables for the projects.
* You will need to deliver the components that can scale, perform and be resilient during runtime.
* You will need to see the big picture and rationalize the design decisions based on the business and product KPIs.
* You will be accountable for the quality of your deliverable, perform peer code reviews and ensure the functional behavior of the deliverables.
* You will be actively contributing to technology platform maturity
* You will be leading in charge of technology platform upgrades and re-platforming efforts
* You will be able to work with cross functional product managers, fellow engineers, architects, QA, scrum masters and project managers.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in software engineering.
* Experience in Building Containerized microservices leveraging tech stack like Java, Go, Docker, Kubernetes.
* Expert in building scalable Microservices using open-source Frameworks like Java Spring MVC/Web Flux and Spring Boot.
* Expertise in build/deploy tools, automated unit testing frameworks, code coverage and code review tools/frameworks.
* Familiar with industry standards integration protocols -- REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, HTTPS, JMS, Kafka, SSL.
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Nice to have:
* Good understanding of working on SQL(Oracle), Cache (like Redis), Graph and NoSQL databases.
* Experience in tools CI/CD tools
* Good experience in identifying Performance bottlenecks in databases and JVM.
* Experience in troubleshooting issues that involves SSL, firewall, Proxies, Load balancers and other network peripherals
* Experience in one or more application monitoring products such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, Grafana, JMX exporters.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/