Doyon Government Group
Federal Way, WA, United States
Construction, Manager, Engineering
Feb 19, 2020
Jun 03, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall successful management and operations of multiple complex construction projects in a region. Execute contract negotiation strategies, initiate contact with existing and potential customers, identify needs and market appropriate construction management to meet those needs. Ensure that all hiring practices conform with company’s Affirmative Action plan as well as state and federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws, including without limitation, anti-discrimination and harassment laws relating to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status.
• Responsible and accountable for the overall management and operations of complex construction projects
• Successfully manage multiple supervisory personnel and projects simultaneously
• Establish and maintain an organizational culture that prioritizes Safety in all aspects of the business and throughout all areas of responsibility
• Profit and loss management of the assigned area of responsibility and projects
• Provide accurate revenue and cost forecasts for captured work
• Manage and provide accurate project budgets and monthly project estimate at completion (EAC) reporting
• Ability to successfully plan and execute tasks, objectives and projects
• Maintain positive cash flow for the assigned area of responsibility and projects
• Resource allocation; ensures proper staffing (supervisory, administrative, engineering, cost control and other workers) at all phases of each project
• Client management and communication
• Monitor customer evaluations (CPAR, etc.), prepare accurate responses and maintain a minimum overall project rating of Satisfactory or better
• Lead and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing federal government construction projects
• Successfully resolve complaints and grievances within the work force
• Successfully avoid and/or resolve subcontractor and vendor disputes or claims
• Manages supervisory and personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
• Ability to learn and successfully manage projects using Vista Project Management System Software
• Inspects and monitors work in progress to ensure adherence to overall project safety, quality and schedule expectations
• Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports
• Develop, successfully implement and execute a profitable Strategic Business Plan
• Business Development; seeks out profitable business opportunities and possible teaming partners (design partners, exclusive key subs); consistent with the Region’s Strategic Plan
• Estimating, technical proposal writing, contract management (Client and Subcontractor), project management, scheduling, cost controls, project controls
• Serves as or directs Capture Managers during the estimating and bidding/proposal process associated with the assigned area of responsibility.
• EEO/AA Enforcement/Compliance Standards, as set forth further in the KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES section
• Monitor employee performance, and develop/ mentor employees to excel within the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification, assessing needs and points of view of all parties; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Actively participates in meetings; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
• Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes markets and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; Trains and develops subordinates to take on additional duties and grow in their careers
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style; Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management
• Provide sound leadership and guidance in all matters. The ability to solve practical problems (internal and external) and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Has a clear understanding of the full construction process from inception, estimation, procurement, project execution, and closeout; must have the ability to manage subordinates in all facets of this process
• Must be familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) laws or be willing to undergo training in these areas; Ensures that all hiring, promotion and employee relations practices are in compliance with EEO/AA laws and with company’s AA Plan, including, without limitation, all state and federal laws and all company policies and procedures relating to hiring, promotion, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and policies relating to employees’ race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status
• Commitment to Excellence - Identifies what needs to be accomplished and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
• Corporate Values - Understands, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
• Customer Service - Identifies and responds to current and future needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
• Safety and Security - Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
• Teamwork - Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Leadership- Maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
• Strategic Implementation/Thinking- Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategies, examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long term perspective, determines objectives, sets priorities, and anticipates potential threats or opportunities
• Supervisory- Oversees, guides, and evaluates activities of immediate subordinates
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree plus 10 years’ experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years, 10 years preferred, experience working on federal contracts
• Experience working on US Navy (NAVFAC), Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and other federal agency contracts
• Professional Engineer, Civil Engineering or ability to obtain license
• Organized and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computing skills; proficient user of Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and Primavera or equivalent
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The employee is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside. The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Occasional travel.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are a Federal Contractor and comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf. For questions on the job posting contact (253) 344-5300.
Except as provided otherwise under applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
Doyon Government Group
Website : http://www.doyongovgrp.com/construction/management-services/