Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
La Porte, TX, United States
Bluecollar, It, Engineering
Sep 17, 2020
Dec 31, 2020
29707BRReq No.:29707BRJob Description and Qualifications:Air Products (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking experienced Instrument & Electrical Technicians for its Houston TX, Area HYCO facilities including LaPorte and Baytown.
The Instrument & Electrical Technician is responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance on instrumentation and electrical equipment at the Air Products facilities in the Houston Area. You will be responsible for the safe operation, troubleshooting, repair, and documentation of all activities surrounding plant equipment.
The Houston Area consists of two large Steam Methane Reformer (SMR) Hydrogen plants, a POX reactor and Carbon Monoxide production. These plants supply steam, hydrogen and carbon monoxide to customers via our pipeline distribution systems.
Work schedule is based on a Mon-Thurs, 10-hour dayshift with on-call responsibilities as needed.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Participate actively in department/plant safety programs. Promote safety rules and regulations as well as environmental compliance.
• Engage actively in a team environment, bring a positive attitude, maintain personal accountability and provide mentoring and coaching for team member development.
• Provide hands on support as required to resolve Instrument/Electrical field problems as they occur.
Areas of technical knowledge should include:
testing, troubleshooting and repair of:control valves
plant process analytical equipment
pressure, level and flow instrumentation
low voltage motors/breakers and control circuits
distributed control systems
• Investigate equipment failures, determine root cause of failure, and recommend appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of/or eliminate cause of failure.
• Recommend and specify revisions to improve equipment performance and/or system reliability/capacity.
• Assist in the development, implementation and periodic review of preventative/predictive maintenance programs to reduce unplanned shutdowns and improve overall plant on stream capability.
• Keep abreast of and evaluate new methodologies, work practices, equipment, instrumentation, controls, technology, etc., for application and use within the plant.
• Participate in the planning and execution of minor and major shutdowns. Provide technical and hands on support as required during shutdowns.
• Assist in the development and ongoing improvement of the plant mechanical integrity program.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Five (5) years minimum maintenance experience in a petrochemical, manufacturing or military environment.
• Two-year Associate degree in Electrical/Instrumentation discipline or relevant military experience
• Entry level candidates with SkillsUSA membership and the ability to demonstrate PDP leadership competencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Working knowledge of SAP, basic word processing, email and spreadsheet programs a plus.
by prioritizing safety in words and actions to protect self, others and the environment.
Military Veterans: Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status. Job Title:INSTRUMENT & ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN - LaPorte, TXEmployment Type:North America - Weekly Employment Status:Full TimeType of Relocation Benefits Provided:NoneLocation:US-TX-La Porte Country:United StatesRegion:North AmericaOrganization:Global Industrial GasesBusiness Sector / Division:Industrial Gases Americas
Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
Website : http://www.airproducts.com/