Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Tarrytown, NY, United States
It, Internship, Engineering, Sciences
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This person will work in Pre-Therapeutic Target Discovery in Tarrytown, NY. The student will develop a machine learning algorithm to improve and automate the scoring of uveitis in a mouse model, which will contribute to an ongoing collaboration with our Ophthalmology group. One aspect of scoring this disease includes counting clusters of immune cells from OCT images of the retina, which can be time-consuming and subjective. Our expert researchers are currently using a semi-automated tool to collect a body of training data from these images; the student will apply their programming and machine learning skills to craft an algorithm to streamline this task.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
• Must be pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Must have skills in: Programming (e.g. Python, Matlab, R, C ); Image Analysis; Machine Learning; Data Science
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Summer Program is full-time (40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Website : http://www.regeneron.com/
Our first approved product, ARCALYST® (rilonacept), an anti-inflammatory agent, has been available to patients in the U.S. since 2008. In late 2011, we launched EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, also known in the scientific literature as VEGF Trap-Eye and Intravitreal Aflibercept Injection, and received approval from the FDA for a second indication in September 2012. In August 2012, Regeneron and Sanofi, obtained FDA approval for ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion.