Marriott International, Inc.
Annapolis, MD, United States
Mar 10, 2023
Jun 23, 2023
Software Engineer, POS
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Functions as a technical expert related to POS, including Oracle Simphony, R&A, Payment processing, and related technologies to help lead and support the ongoing transformation of the Marriott POS environment. Supports and resolves complex issues related to on-property and above property POS systems and technologies at Marriott. Collaborates extensively with Product, Engineering, L2 support and Hotel-Ops teams to ensure the POS systems deployed are scalable, resilient, and performing. Works with multiple products & engineering teams to deliver incremental value against a multi-year modernization roadmap. Performs or assists with research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of applications to meet current and future POS related requirements. Helps develop and test proof-of-concept implementations to evaluate cutting-edge technology to drive and meet Marriott business & technology objectives. Communicates upward to superiors and laterally to other departments.
Education and Experience
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
5 years’ experience configuring, deploying, using Simphony and other POS systems
Extensive experience with Oracle Simphony EMC, R&A, Cal packages, payments, interfaces, and operations
Knowledge of remote access tools, scripting, and other supportive technologies
Excellent communication skills
Experience with Shiji Infrasys and other POS systems
Experience with PMS systems and PMS/POS integrations
Collaboration on requirements analysis, architecture reviews and high-level solution design with Product,Engineering and 3rd party partners
Demonstrated ability to learn and experiment in future POS related technologies for activities like testing, evaluation, proof of concept
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate, including installation and support teams
Provides technical input on department or projects, budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes.
Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure teams for deployment and production support activities
Follows all defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider Management
Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
Monitors Service Provider outcomes
Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision and Values
-Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
-Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building a Successful Team
-Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
-Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
-Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
California Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $174,271.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $158,430.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $98,644.00 to $174,271.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only:
The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $174,271.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International, Inc.
Website : http://www.marriott.com