Collinsville, IL, United States
It, Engineering, Sciences, Telecom
Software Developer (Government)
AT&T is looking for a software developer. This is a full stack developer/engineer and is responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, functional testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on test and process automation. This position supports a U.S. Government contract. You will be a member of a team of Sr. Engineers, developers and scientists who will work closely with the operations community to address critical pain points and challenges. This team is built around a “NetDevOps” methodology intended to deliver solutions applying agile methodologies. You will be required to articulate in detail, technical solutions to complex problems and gain support and endorsement across multiple organizations.
Scope and responsibilities include:
Knowledge: Expert level technical professional. Advisor on technical knowledge and AT&T technologies and commercial best practices. Applies extensive technical expertise, and experience to real-world scenarios.
Problem Solving: Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Discretion: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Impact: Guides the successful completion of projects impacting multiple programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Liaison: Represents the organization as a technical subject matter expert on projects. Interacts in a customer-facing capacity with senior leadership on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
• Interact with Application Owners and Operators to provide an optimal operating environment
• Establish trust within the operational community to address pain points.
• Engage/negotiate with operations stakeholders to develop software behavioral requirements; to be translated by software development into minimal viable product.
• Seek ways to automate and proactively improve the operational environment. • Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling, etc.
• Detect and Resolve system problems, enhance system performance and reliability.
• Seek ways to automate patching and upgrading applications and OS’s to maintain STIG and security compliance.
You will work in a NetDevOps model collaborating with team members and customers to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions. Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. Engineer in this role will support applications across various environments and solves configuration and environment issues
Skills and qualifications:
• A passion to automate EVERYTHING!
• Experience working in advanced iterative methodologies such as Agile and SAFe
• Experience in microservice-based architecture.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Quick and independent learner; adopts a continuous improvement mindset.
• Comfortable working in complex and demanding environments with high degree of change.
• Strong software design capabilities, experience in OOP & OOD, design patterns.
•Experience (and passion) for best practices in coding such as Clean code, Test-driven design, Behavior-driven design, Unit testing, Feature Toggling.
• Clear understanding of CI/CD pipeline (ex: BitBucket, Jenkins etc.,) and Experience contributing to one.
• Working knowledge of Containerization and Cloud deployments (familiarity with Dockers and K8S).
• Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in production environment (including defining relevant levels of monitoring and thresholds, issues root cause analysis and problem solving)
• A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
• Strong speaking, listening, and writing skills are critical for presentations to varied audiences in terms non-technical leadership can understand.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Technologically savvy in handling of administrative practices.
• Comfortable working with confidential /sensitive/ secret or proprietary information.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level I baseline certification or higher
• Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Telecommunications, or Information Systems) from an accredited college with 3 years of professional experience or prior military service or 5 years related experience in public sector.
Required Clearance: Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI
Website : http://www.att.com
AT&T is bringing it all together for our customers, from revolutionary smartphones to next-generation TV services and sophisticated solutions for multi-national businesses. For more than a century, we have consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services and excellent customer care. Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We're fulfilling this vision by creating new solutions for consumers and businesses and by driving innovation in the communications and entertainment industry.