Fort Dodge, IA, United States
Operations Team Coach','FOR03711','Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. ','Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. ',' We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, ','reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where ','we live and work.','!*!
The Operations Team Coach position is responsible for building and continuously improving team health (improving team effectiveness and achievement of business results) across production teams. The position is responsible for transforming departmental goals into measurable results through work with teams and follow up communication, selecting tools and methodologies that drive long-term, sustainable success. This includes supporting the team structure through coaching of department technicians and supporting safety, food safety, environmental, and quality requirements. This position works closely with all areas of the facility in supporting projects, including Delivery Office (DO), Process Development Groups (PDG), and Continuous Improvement (CI) operational improvement opportunities. Additionally, this position serves as a change agent for the site operations team to enable successful change efforts.
• 70% Team Health: Drive and execute Team Health across site teams to achieve business goals using Cargill Leadership Expectations, high performance work team principles, and the CSSNA playbook. Develop plans for continuous improvement of team health, including actions that drive accountability and sustainable, long-term success. Facilitate and coach teams to deliver improvement in capabilities and execution. Involve employees in goal setting, idea generation, and problem-solving as part of Delivery Office / Continuous Improvement commitments. Provide thought leadership and support to teams developing department scorecards and goals – including aligning employee goals to department goals. Responsible for conducting periodic (monthly or quarterly) meetings to review scorecard and team dynamics. Provide specific behavior-based coaching as needed for teams and individuals in alignment with supervisors / managers. Support the deployment of business-driven development programming (such as CSSNA LeaderShops).
• 20% Change Management: Lead or participate in meetings and engage with local change network leads, engagement leads, and inclusion leads to help build and sustain an inclusive and engaged workforce. Facilitate two-way communications between employees and business leadership. Drive continuous improvement and culture change through best practice sharing, vocal advocacy, and visible leadership.
• 10% Supervisor Resource: Establish and maintain relationships with site leadership; participate in site leadership meetings and site business planning process. Apply understanding of the technician role and implications of business decisions. Act as a subject matter expert to provide fundamental advice and coaching in people leadership as well as deliver feedback to operations supervisors and team leaders. Serve as a resource to supervisors and team leaders to assess team dynamics, drive cultural decisions and develop tactics to strengthen teams. Understand and use tools to help in the development of these tactics as well as any other duties as assigned.','!*!Required
• Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED AND minimum 4 years technical experience.
• Able and wlling to work in a challenging and physical production and industrial environment (walk through the facility).
• Working experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
• Working experience in manufacturing.
Abilities / Success Factors
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in delivering coaching and feedback.
• Strong change management capabilities and demonstrated change agility.
• Knowledgeable of basic HR practices, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Guiding Principles, etc.
• Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Ability to positively impact the areas of safety, productivity, cost and employee relations.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Ability to promote and work within an inclusive environment.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong attention to details.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong change agility and change leadership skills.
• Ability to work through and lead others through ambiguity.
• Proven ability to build trust and communicate effectively within all levels of an organization.
• Accomplished critical thinker and ability to perform with a sense of urgency.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science related field.
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing and/or project management experience.
• Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and discipline.
• Interpersonal and organizational savvy.
• Proven Performance Management Leader – align employees with department objectives.
• Able to have difficult conversations while treating employee with dignity and respect.
• Proven track record of creating an inclusive work environment in which differences are appreciate and innovation is encouraged.
• Able to understand and motivate others through influence. ','Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.','','Process Optimization/Project Management','US-IA-Fort Dodge','US-IA-Des Moines, US-IA-Cedar Rapids, US-MO-Kansas City, United States','Full-time','Standard','Day Job','Operations Team Coach
Website : http://www.cargill.com
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, our privately held company employs 142,000 people in 65 countries.