Gaithersburg, MD, United States
Send to a friend
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POST
OpenText Enterprise monitoring and automation team is looking for a senior Level monitoring engineer. The team is responsible for enterprise infrastructure, application, and network monitoring. The selected candidate will be joining a team of skilled engineers with a broad background in enterprise monitoring and related toolsets.
As an Enterprise Monitoring Engineer; you will be responsible for the monitoring of our Data Center as it relates to all its components as well as our cloud infrastructure which includes applications, databases; storage; appliances as well as managing and maintaining the supporting technologies. You will ensure that the monitoring infrastructure is operating and performing at its optimal level.
You are great at:
• Maintain and deploy HP/Microfocus Operations Manager (OM) Agent.
• Participate in Customer provisioning ensuring that monitoring is configured
• Write scripts to execute specific monitoring tasks.
• Remediate any product issues.
• Manage, maintain, and upgrade the OM and Zabbix Servers; agent and all related components.
• Maintain associated documentation as it applies to our audit and certification requirements
• Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance analysis activities
• Strong expertise in setting up monitoring policies/templates; and writing scripts to accomplish monitoring requirements.
What it takes:
• BS/MS in CS/engineering or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in a highly-complex technical operations environment; directly working with a monitoring tool; especially as it relates to HP/Microfocus OM/OMi.
• Experience with production support, change control protocols
• Very good working knowledge with the Linux OS.
• Knowledge of High Availability environments and configurations
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Good analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with engineers across the globe.
• Advanced knowledge of OM/OMi in an HA setup.
• Advanced knowledge of SNMP as it relates to monitoring.
• Very good working knowledge of either Perl or Python with Shell scripting.
• Knowledge of Zabbix; Netcool or Nagios or any other Enterprise Level monitoring tool.
• Knowledge of Event Correlation Circuits (ECS); server side and agent side.
• Scripting skills (Ruby,Java,PowerShell)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA)
, Equal Employment Opportunity
and Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Connect with Xing
Website : http://www.opentext.com
Our EIM products enable businesses to grow faster, lower operational costs, and reduce information governance and security risks by improving business insight, impact and process speed.