Fast Switch, Ltd.
Bloomfield, CT, United States
Job ID: 50642
Full Stack Engineer
Contract with expectations of permanent position after 6 months
***Candidate must be US Citizens, Green Card holder or H1’s WITH 2.5 or more left on Visa and an approved 140 form.
***Client will not accept EAD-OPT’s or H4’s
***Client will not accept resumes over 3 pages.
***Candidates must be willing to go permanent with the client
Our client is looking for exceptional data engineers/developers in for an opportunity at a leading Health Services company. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for the delivery of a business need end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business. Critical attributes in being a full-stack engineer among others is Ownership & Accountability.
Your future duties and responsibilities
In addition to Delivery, the full-stack engineer should have an automation first and continuous improvement mindset. Should drive the adoption of CI/CD tools and support the improvement of the tools sets/processes.
• Design and architect the solution independently
• Be fluent in particular areas and have proficiency in many areas
• Minimize 'meetings' to get requirements and have direct business interactions
• Write referenceable & modular code
• Passion to learn
• Take ownership and accountability
• Understands when to automate and when not to
• Desire to simplify
• Be entrepreneurial / business minded
• Have a quality mindset, not just code quality but also to ensure ongoing data quality by monitoring data to identify problems before they have business impact
• Take risks and champion new ideas
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• 2 years of being part of Agile teams using scrum or kanban
• 4 year experience designing technical solutions using object-oriented design concepts.
• 3 years of developing working in an object-oriented language: C, C , Java, Scala, or other OO complied language
• 3 year of working experience with Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Spark, Pig, Hive & Impala
• 2 years of scripting (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
• 2 years of Big Data & SQL. Working with marquee clients is a plus.
• Proficiency working with large data stores & Data Sets
• Having AWS experience is a definite plus
• Machine learning / data science knowledge will be useful in the role
• Proficient in GIT and Jenkins
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication skills
• Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
• Work in an agile CI/CD environment
• Familiarity with Rally is a plus
• Design knowledge with Hadoop, Teradata, Looker, and Tableau along with Cognos/Atscale tools is a plus
• Knowledge and/or experience with Health care information domains is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline. At least eight, typically eight or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of five years of experience in application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Fast Switch, Ltd.
Website : http://www.fastswitch.com/fsl_new_contact.html