Ardaman & Associates, Inc
, VA, United States
Renewable Energy Grid Integration Expert','15400000231','!*!Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech ES Inc is seeking a Renewable Energy Grid Integration Expert to work in our world-wide portfolio of energy projects. The Renewable Energy Grid Integration Expert will assist host government utilities in evaluating power system stability and locational capacity to absorb increasing amounts of VRE generation from sources such as wind, solar PV (utility scale or small scale), and other forms of renewable energy, including hybrid technologies. The Expert will be based in Tetra Tech’s Arlington, VA headquarters, with frequent overseas travel (30 – 60%).
• Assess the impacts of integrating renewable energy resources in the power system, and advise and evaluate technical and economic viability of such integration
• Develop energy and peak demand forecasting, and prepare load shape analyses
• Estimate the capital, variable and fixed costs of fossil fuel and renewable energy sources
• Produce least-cost generation expansion models
• Develop system and transient stability analysis
• Develop spinning reserve requirements analysis and management
• Analyze ancillary services requirements and estimate their value and pricing for frequency and voltage control
• Review or develop interconnection rules and grid codes
• Perform other related duties as assigned','!*!
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, power systems, or related studies;
• 8 years of demonstrable work experience in power system operations (e.g. within a utility);
• Demonstrable experience in power system planning (such as integrated resource planning, least cost generation expansion planning), and power system operations and stability analysis.
• Experience with grid-connected renewable energy plants of ≥ 2MW for solar PV and ≥10MW for wind;
• Ability to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders;
• Experience in problem solving, writing, consulting, and presenting- excellent writing, oral, and presentation skills;
• Self-motivated and able to work on cross-cultural and distributed teams
• Requires excellent reading, writing, and speaking of English language
Valued but not required Skills:
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering, power systems, or related studies a plus
• Prior experience working in developing countries a plus
• Prior experience working on energy projects funded by development agencies such as USAID, WB, ADB, MCC a plus
• Knowledge of French, Spanish, or other languages a plus
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies ','Administration','United States-VA-US-Arlington','','154 ESI','Full-time','Feb 4, 2019','Ongoing','','','','','Renewable Energy Grid Integration Expert
Ardaman & Associates, Inc