Manassas, VA, United States
Description: Mechanical Engineering Lead engineer, relating to the packaging of electronic equipment in multiple military environments with significant emphasis in the packaging of COTS products. Specific Structural/Thermal Analysis experience recommended. Areas of responsibilities will typically include Mechanical Engineering technical leadership responsibilities, including conceptual design, project planning, cost and schedule estimating, system level solid modeling, assembly level solid modeling, bill-of-material management, detailed component solid modeling and design, including assembly and piece part manufacturing drawings, parts lists, cable harness design, and engineering change support.
This includes program planning from a cost, technical and schedule perspective, conceptual design, structural and thermal analysis, trade studies, cost analysis, drawing generation and documentation release, and environmental qualification testing.
Interfacing with other disciplines, such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, and Quality will be key to ensuring customer requirements are being met.
Mechanical (Design) Engineering:
- Strong CAD skills (PRO-Engineer (CREO) or equivalent)
- Structural or Thermal Analysis experience
- Working knowledge of material properties
- Working knowledge of additive manufacturing techniques and design
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Experience with electronics packaging for military applications
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong problem solving skills.
Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance
- Cable harness design of shipboard computing equipment
- Structural analysis of Navy shipboard equipment
- Thermal analysis of electronic equipment
- Environmental testing (thermal, shock, vibration, etc.) for Military equipment, primarily Navy Shipboard electronics
- Experience with leading small technical teams is a plus.
- Experience with providing Mechanical Engineering guidance towards new business proposals is preferred.
- Experience with presenting cost/technical/schedule status to external customers and internal management is preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.