Sterling Heights, MI, United States
BAE 3537 Packaging Engineer II in Sterling Heights MI
Target Start Date 02/25/2019 Target End Date 02/21/2020 (1 year contract)
Send your word resume to [Click Here To Join]
and I will contact you.
Develop and perform Packaging Engineering analyses and documentation in compliance with customer requirements to ensure packaging, handling, storage, and transportability (PHS&T) principles are integrated into the design of complex vehicle systems to improve supportability over the product life cycle.
Provides engineering and process support to the spares packaging department in the form of packaging work instructions, floor support and technical guidance. Provides packaging support in production (PSIP) of complex vehicle systems, through maintaining close coordination and communication with manufacturing, materials handling, and supply chain.
Develop and provide oversight of process improvement projects including design/development of transport fixtures, shop aides, and handling devices to improve efficiency and ergonomics. Provides Packaging Engineering support to other Combat Vehicles facilities as required.
• Perform Packaging Engineering analyses and/or documentation development in compliance with customer requirements and applicable military or commercial standards and specifications. • Support the spares packaging department efforts of production programs through floor support, written work instructions and tracking of project completion status.
• Perform moderately complex and applied engineering analyses, adapting and modifying standard techniques and procedures as needed, in support of engineering data development, PSIP, and spares packaging activities; may conceptualize, design, and invent as required.
• Develops, writes, and reviews proposals including proposal management as required for packaging engineering and manufacturing packaging efforts.
• Assists and provides technical guidance to packaging operators or other technical personnel; may assign tasks and manage technical activities or corrective actions for assigned projects.
• Reviews subcontractor programs for compliance with government/customer specifications relating to PHS&T requirements or support to manufacturing.
• Coordinates with senior level personnel to perform and document long-term storage and transportability analyses in support of R&D or Design Engineering activities. Applies full use and
application of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, and techniques to create, plan, and perform a variety of PHS&T analyses, solves technical problems of moderate complexity, and contributes to the development of PHS&T models.
• Develops and reviews packaging design concept for complex nonstandard military and/or industrial equipment using CAD or specialty software; develops and checks packaging engineering drawings; schedules and monitors the build of the pilot and prototype; and validates the design.
• Prepares packaging engineering data for submittal to the customer.
• Participates in packaging design reviews to ensure packaging, handling, storage, and transportability engineering concepts are customer compliant and support capability constraints.
Coordinates with senior level personnel as required.
• Shares the responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
•Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of Packaging Engineering standards, methods, and technologies.
• Complies with Company safety policies and maintains a safe work environment.
• Performs other duties as necessary and appropriate to this position.
• May acquire certification to provide technical guidance and to prepare hazardous materials for all modes of shipment.
Experience Required 2 years
: BS degree in a relevant technical discipline; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to a BS in a technical discipline plus 2 years relevant experience in military logistics or Packaging Engineering; or a MS degree in a technical discipline.
Packaging Engineering degree. Prefer Packaging Engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense, industrial, or manufacturing environment. Some knowledge of material sciences (corrosion/corrosion prevention) military packaging theories, operations, specifications; parametric and non-parametric analysis; Material/Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP/ERP), logistic support activities and applicable military standards/specifications; DOD contract interpretation and material acquisition cycle; and industrial, electrical, and/or mechanical engineering principles and practices
Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures within Packaging Engineering.
Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable to Packaging Engineering.
Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
[Click Here To Join]
Website : http://corporateweb.geologics.com