Lexington, MA, United States
Computer Systems & Networking Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Contract | Recruiter:
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Computer Systems and Networking Engineer
: Lexington, MA
36 Months and 40 hours per week
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
The company is looking for a Computer Systems and Networking Engineer to join them in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In this role, you will need to have network administration skills, system administration skills, hardware skills, automation and orchestration skills, and the ability to adapt to the needs of a growing and evolving team. You'll need to be flexible, motivated, and able to quickly learn new technologies to meet requirements.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They must also possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and be able to establish themselves as a critical player within a team.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The position shall be responsible for delivering high-availability network infrastructure to sustain the online and on-site information technology activities of off-site users through secure and reliable means. The position be responsible for the design and implementation of network configurations, troubleshooting performance issues, carrying out network monitoring and the configuration of security systems, such as firewalls. The position shall work closely with project managers and other engineers to manage capacity and carry out on-site support.
Additionally, the position shall be responsible for maintaining computer infrastructures on all networks. Responsibilities will focus on the administration and management of on-site servers, software-network interactions as well as network integrity/resilience are the key areas of focus. Specifically, the duties will include network monitoring, testing the network for weakness, monitoring necessary network updates, installing and implementing security programs, administering Internet filters, and evaluating and implementing the network.
The position shall also be responsible for ensuring that computer hardware and network infrastructure related to data networks are effectively maintained. The position shall be involved in the procurement of new hardware, the rollout of new software, maintaining disk images for new computer installs, making sure that licenses are procured and remain up to date for software that needs it, maintaining the standards for server installations and applications, monitoring the performance of the network as well as checking for security breaches and poor data management practices.
- Experience and skill Linux system administration
- Experience and skill Juniper based firewalls and switches
- Experience and skill HP based switches
- Expert understanding of deployed network sensor technology, VPNs, proxies, pivots, relays, load balancers, failover, etc
- Expert understanding of network intranets & extranet engineering/architecture
- Ability to accurately document networks/decipher network diagrams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Department of Defense Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience in Ubuntu 18.04 system administration
- Experience and skill Riverbed Network Optimizers
- Experience and skill VMWare virtual networking
- Experience and skill Qemu/KVM virtual networking
- Experience with cloud computing environments or virtualization technologies like KVM, VMware, and Xen
- Experience developing automation frameworks using Python, shell, etc.
- Working knowledge of Ansible
- Working knowledge of Ceph and/or Gluster
- Working knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with the procurement of hardware and software, including writing requirements, deriving specifications, purchasing, delivery, and sell-off to customer
- Experience implementing security measures/best practices
Education/Professional Certifications/Substituting Off-Set
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Equivalent in working experience. At least 5 years of experience as a Linux Systems or Network Administrator
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
Phone : 603-772-2700