AT & T INC
Vienna, VA, United States
Government Senior Specialist System Design Engineer
The candidate will serve as a lead Cyber Threat Analyst providing threat analysis for AT&T customers.
The primary leadership responsibilities of the position will include:
• Providing guidance and mentorship to both senior and junior-level Cyber Threat Analysts.
• Developing new and innovative cyber threat intelligence procedures and methods to proactively identify and respond to threats.
• Interacting with DoD\Government Leadership at all levels to articulate analytical findings and defensive measures both verbally and in coherent written reports.
The primary technical responsibilities of the position will include:
• Utilizing various tools to analyze network flow, DNS, BGP, PCAP, malware samples, and other anomalies to author detailed technical reports in support of AT&T customers’ network assurance and defensive capabilities.
• Analysis and authoring of reports on cybersecurity topics including but not limited to malware, Botnets, and other tactics, techniques, and procedures of criminal and nation-state actors.
• Train and interact daily with AT&T Chief Security Office (CSO) personnel and leverage tools and accesses provided by CSO.
Candidate will possess the following technical knowledge, experience and education:
• Expert knowledge of TCP\IP, DNS, BGP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense in-depth and common cybersecurity elements.
• Experience analyzing network flow and DNS metadata, and BGP records.
• Experience with Linux Command Line, Python and\or BASH scripting.
• Experience with tools such as: Splunk, NetWitness, Wireshark, SQL, IDA Pro, and a SIEM.
• Experience writing\reading\maintaining SNORT signatures.
• Experience working with DoD/Government Leaders at all levels.
• Experience with malicious cyber activity, as well as adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures.
• Possess a DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline (CompTIA Security CE, CISSP, or equivalent).
• Obtain a Certified Ethical Hacker certification within 120 days of hire.
• Candidate possesses Cyber Analysis experience and either a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/ combined education, with 12-15 years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
The candidate will be willing to travel 10% of his/her time to Ft Meade, MD to interface with customer personnel. Other occasional travel may be required to support customer briefings.
Required Clearance: U.S. Citizenship and Secret clearance are required
Desired: TS/SCI clearance is desired Other Cyber security certifications are desired, including Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP, GIAC Penetration Testing, CompTIA SecurityAT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT & T INC
Website : http://www.att.com
AT&T is bringing it all together for our customers, from revolutionary smartphones to next-generation TV services and sophisticated solutions for multi-national businesses. For more than a century, we have consistently provided innovative, reliable, high-quality products and services and excellent customer care. Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and do it better than anyone else. We're fulfilling this vision by creating new solutions for consumers and businesses and by driving innovation in the communications and entertainment industry.