Bank of America Corporation
Richardson, TX, United States
Mainframe server hardware planning position responsible for installation of new mainframe servers, maintaining Microcode Change Levels (MCLs) and coordinating/tracking mainframe server hardware break/fix activities.
- Works with mainframe infrastructure teams and IBM to identify configuration requirements, determine installation timelines, identify data center cabling requirements and facilitate implementation of server refreshes.
- Researches available MCL levels working with mainframe teams and IBM to identify and plan next levels for deployment.
- Tracks all mainframe server hardware issues and facilitates breakfix activities.
- Coordinates all mainframe hardware activities with various Mainframe Infrastructure teams
- Highly visible position requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work closely with technicians from various infrastructure teams. Weekend work is required. Works under minimal supervision. Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting System z hardware or software technology.
Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting System z hardware or software technology
Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of System z technologies
Have experience leading large complex mainframe projects
Proficient in MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working experience with IBM hardware configurations, MCL maintenance, I/O gens and mainframe server installations
Basic understanding of z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS or MQ
Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR,
Richmond, VA, VILLA PARK OPS CENTER BLDG C, 8001 VILLA PARK DR,
- United States
Full / Part-time
: Full time
Hours Per Week
: 1st shift
Bank of America Corporation
Website : http://www.bankofamerica.com
Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The companys Consumer & Business Banking segment offers traditional and money market savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, checking accounts, and investment accounts and products, as well as credit and debit cards; and lending related products and services, working capital management, and treasury solutions. This segment provides its products and services through operating 5,100 banking centers, 16,300 ATMs, call centers, and online and mobile banking platforms. Its Consumer Real Estate Services segment offers consumer real estate products comprising fixed and adjustable-rate first-lien mortgage loans for home purchase and refinancing needs, home equity lines of credit, and home equity loans. The companys Global Wealth & Investment Management segment provides investment and brokerage, estate and financial planning, fiduciary portfolio management, cash and liability management, and specialty asset management services; and retirement and benefit plan, philanthropic management, and asset management services. Its Global Banking segment provides various commercial loans, leases, commitment facilities, trade finance, real estate and asset-based loans, and consumer loans; treasury management, foreign exchange, and short-term investing options; and debt and equity underwriting and distribution, and merger-related and other advisory services. The companys Global Markets segment offers sales and trading services for securities and derivative products in primary and secondary markets; market-making, financing, securities clearing, settlement, and custody services to institutional investor clients; and risk management products. The company was founded in 1874 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.