King of Prussia, PA, United States
Jun 25, 2020
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking Systems Engineering Manager to support Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Support Equipment (SE). LM Space is developing mission critical ground support equipment in support of the next generation Intercontinental Ballistic System (ICBM).
As a Systems Engineering Manager, you will support the overall SEIT manager and:
• Lead the Program's Systems Engineering efforts to include technical direction, planning, and staffing
• Manage Systems and Project Engineering resources for the program, and provide programmatic and proposal support
• Provide guidance to a Systems Engineering team to include full Systems Engineering lifecycle processes, from architecture and requirements development through weapons system operations and integration, and their application to the GBSD SE program
• Provide oversight and support to critical program area Engineering skill development, which includes critical nuclear surety and safety, EMI/EMC, reliability, etc.
• Utilize your background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or closely related field
• Systems Engineering process knowledge or experience and complete lifecycle experience with Engineering processes and reviews
• Familiarity with DoD program support
• Demonstrated Program/Project Management and/or leadership skills
• Active Secret clearance
• US Aifr Force Weapon Systems Programs
• US Strategic Systems
• Missile Weapons Systems
• USAF Minuteman III Acquisition and Sustainment
• Customer interaction and familiarity with the DoD Labs/Facilities
• Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering life cycle process and tools
• Proposal preparation and negotiation
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.